The Final Stretch

Sorry for the long delay in posting! The days and nights are sorta running together at this point as we head down the final stretch. The inside of the building is really coming along. All the drywall is done and painting has started. We should take occupancy of our Service and Warehouse areas starting next Monday so we can start all the work of setting up our Service Department. Work on the final road starts tomorrow, our fireplaces are being built and starting next week all of our caseworks (parts counter, motorclothes counters, receptionist counter, "The Kick Stand" cafe counter, etc.). Landscaping work is ensuing and our sign installations should begin the week after next along with our Water Tower. This Water Tower has become a big deal and more complex to build and fabricate than anyone expected. Lots of structural engineers figuring out this one but when done we are going to think we are in Milwaukee! :-)
So, as it stands now, and assuming all the remaining dominos fall correctly we should be opening our doors over Labor Day weekend, September 2nd to be exact. I will keep the Blog updated more frequently now for those of you interested in following the progress and yes I am late in turning on our offical web site which I had hoped would be on now. Every time I work on it I find one more thing I want to do. Anyway, it is on my To-Do list to get it turned on before the end of the week.
I decided to keep my Blog going after we turn on our official site so I can continue to post my thoughts once we are open. I put a link from our official web site to the Blog. I will be happy to turn the topics from one of contruction to that of motorcycling.
I also want to thank everyone for their support. I have received lots of emails from readers of this blog and I really look forward to meeting all of you once we open. T-minus 4 weeks and counting!
You know we are getting close when we have our logo'd trailer! No picture of the dealership this time,just our beautiful new trailer! :-)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home