Monday, October 13, 2008

Challenging Times

Wow, what a month it has been!  We wake up daily to listen to the bad news of the day, whether it is increasing gas prices with no end in site (although they have temporarily declined) or whether the market is crashing, banks are failing, the automotive industry is crumbling, etc. etc.    These are strange times indeed which certainly make us all a little nervous.  As a small business owner I am certainly concerned about the economy and its potential impact on our business,  but with that said,  I breathe a sigh of relief knowing that Harley-Davidson has weathered many a storm over the last 105 years.  It is hard to think that they have endured multiple wars, the Great Depression, 9-11 and other economic and world crises.  

From my perspective they have done so because motorcyling, and more specifically Harley-Davidson,  provides a level freedom and exhilaration that can be experienced in both good and bad times.  In today's stressful times I feel my Ultra is more than my motorcycle, it is my therapist.  When the news gets to be too much I find myself hopping on the bike for rides that clear my head and allow me to face the challenges of the day better.  No this isn't some marketing pitch, it is  real for me.  When I am on my bike I am focused on riding, not the economy or news of the day.  I can't answer my cell phone (well I could with a blue tooth headset in my helmet but I don't) so I am focused on riding and enjoying all the senses that go with it.  It is a time of fun!

That fun is something that continues on in our dealership so when you want to de-stress a little, hop on the bike and ride over to the shop or to one of our events.  We will be having fun and for a few moments you can escape the reality of the world.  Speaking of reality, the news all seems to imply that nobody can get credit any more.  Well that is just false as Harley-Davidson Credit has plenty of funds available to assist you with a purchase of a new or pre-owned bike.   If you are interested in a bike you should check with us because there are no barriers to purchasing right now, prices are good, trade in values high and it could off-set the cost of your therapist!!!

Lastly, I love the following promotion from the Motor Company.  I think it captures the reality of what Harley is all about.  In a world where there seems to little truth, these are some words that really ring true to me:


If you can't read this go to http://www.harley-davidson.com and check it out.  


So in summary my advice to everyone is filter the bad news and get on your bike and ride.  You will feel better!  Trust me.


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Hit Counter