Puget Sound H.O.G.
Hi Everyone. Hope everyone is excited about spring as I am. Finally we had what I consider the first hint of spring arrive today at the dealership. The sun was out and it warmed to the mid 50's. I rode my bike to work but couldn't stay inside long. Larry (our controller) and I decided we needed to ride somewhere for lunch. A couple of hours later we were back in the store but I was very tempted to stay out longer. It is amazing what a good mood I find myself in when the sun is out and I can ride.
Speaking of sun, I was in Vegas last week with several of our officers from Puget Sound HOG. We were attending POT training (no it isn't what you think, :) ). Actually it was Primary Officer's Training, a two day convention put on by Harley-Davidson H.O.G. for officers of Chapters around the world. There were over 800 attendees and as usual the Motor Company did a great job with the training and entertainment. We attended classes on group riding, risk management, chapter-dealer relationships, financial topics, taxes, etc. They were very informative. It confirmed we are doing a lot of things right but we learned some new things that will help our chapter be even better. BTW, we have more than 330 members in the Chapter now. Many of the people at the conference were very impressed that our chapter had grown so fast. It wasn't all work. The Motor Company hosted a great party and dinner Friday night and on Saturday evening we ate at the Harley-Davidson Cafe. If you haven't been there I would encourage you to go if you get the opportunity. It was a fun place, although I never got use to the bikes hanging on the conveyor over head that moved throughout the building. Nothing like eating with a 900 pound bike floating over your head!
I was really impressed with the people at the meeting. I mean here are a group of people who spent their own money to go to a class so they can do a better job running their (OUR) respective chapters. We should not forget that our chapter officers are all volunteers. They put in tremendous hours just to make sure that all the members have a good time. From planning monthly meetings, planning and running events, planning and conducting rides, handling banking and financing and all the other numerous details associated with creating and sustaining a great chapter. I want to thank all of our officers for all their incredible efforts and their results. We have a wonderful set of events and rides planned over the next 12 months and I am looking forward to going on many of them. I am already signed up for Ron's Director Ride to Canada. Anyway, the next time you see our officers please convey your appreciation to them. All their work is for YOU.
Ride safe and keep watching for that Sun to appear. Kari and the staff have been working on some great events over the summer so visit our web site and check out our Events Calendar.
There are a few things we can't tell you about yet that we are working on but I think you will like them when we can let the cat out of the bag. Keep checking your email for our newsletter and or our web site under the Events Calendar.
Speaking of sun, I was in Vegas last week with several of our officers from Puget Sound HOG. We were attending POT training (no it isn't what you think, :) ). Actually it was Primary Officer's Training, a two day convention put on by Harley-Davidson H.O.G. for officers of Chapters around the world. There were over 800 attendees and as usual the Motor Company did a great job with the training and entertainment. We attended classes on group riding, risk management, chapter-dealer relationships, financial topics, taxes, etc. They were very informative. It confirmed we are doing a lot of things right but we learned some new things that will help our chapter be even better. BTW, we have more than 330 members in the Chapter now. Many of the people at the conference were very impressed that our chapter had grown so fast. It wasn't all work. The Motor Company hosted a great party and dinner Friday night and on Saturday evening we ate at the Harley-Davidson Cafe. If you haven't been there I would encourage you to go if you get the opportunity. It was a fun place, although I never got use to the bikes hanging on the conveyor over head that moved throughout the building. Nothing like eating with a 900 pound bike floating over your head!
I was really impressed with the people at the meeting. I mean here are a group of people who spent their own money to go to a class so they can do a better job running their (OUR) respective chapters. We should not forget that our chapter officers are all volunteers. They put in tremendous hours just to make sure that all the members have a good time. From planning monthly meetings, planning and running events, planning and conducting rides, handling banking and financing and all the other numerous details associated with creating and sustaining a great chapter. I want to thank all of our officers for all their incredible efforts and their results. We have a wonderful set of events and rides planned over the next 12 months and I am looking forward to going on many of them. I am already signed up for Ron's Director Ride to Canada. Anyway, the next time you see our officers please convey your appreciation to them. All their work is for YOU.
Ride safe and keep watching for that Sun to appear. Kari and the staff have been working on some great events over the summer so visit our web site and check out our Events Calendar.
There are a few things we can't tell you about yet that we are working on but I think you will like them when we can let the cat out of the bag. Keep checking your email for our newsletter and or our web site under the Events Calendar.
Labels: Harley Owners Group
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home