Monday, January 14, 2008

2008 Is Going to Be Great!!

Ok, Ok, I had two people today ask me when I was going to update my blog since it has been months since I last touched it. I had planned on getting a New Year’s message up and I guess I still can since it is still January. I didn’t think very many people read my blog but I guess that isn’t the case so for 2008 I will make a resolution to update my blog more frequently (I will try monthly but no guarantees)

One of the most exciting days of the year for me is the Winter Solstice and this year was no exception. Sat., Dec. 22, 2007, 1:08 A.M. EST (06:08 UT), marked the beginning of winter in the Northern Hemisphere and summer in the Southern Hemisphere but what it really meant was that the sun had gone as far south as it was going for this year and was starting it’s gradual march north! That means each day that passes is one day closer to more sun, warmer weather and great summer rides and events. Seriously I can’t wait.

Today, Sunday 1/13/08 I was at the shop and it was a gorgeous day! Full sun, a packed parking lot and showroom and all of our bike parking was full. It was almost nostalgic and everyone was in a great mood. This was one of those days that defined why I opened a Harley-Davidson dealership. It was just fun. It was a hint of things to come and boy if you can’t find something to excite you this summer from a ride and events stand point you ought to just sell your bike and find another sport. I’ve already outlined my ride plans for the season. Another one of my resolutions this year is to actually take a little vacation time and ride more. With starting the business I haven’t really had a vacation for the last 3 years. So this summer I’ve decided to take a little time, actually go on a spring break vacation with my family which I missed last year, and then do a couple of long rides including riding to Sturgis and riding the Pacific Coast Hwy from San Luis Obispo to Cresent City, CA. This year the Motor Company is holding it’s summer dealer meeting in Vegas (late July) and I plan on shipping my 07 CVO Ultra Classic down there, attend the meeting and then leave from there riding to San Luis Obispo to start my Pacific Coast ride. Punctuating these longer rides will be rides I want to do with our H.O.G. Chapter. The Chapter Officer’s heard that members wanted more overnight rides and they have acted by training more Ride Captains and scheduling a lot more overnight and multi-day trips. They are also adding more Saturday rides and we hope to do some more riding with some of the other near by dealer Chapters . I want to thank my staff and particularly Dwane Cannady (our GM) for embracing my plans. Actually it was a little too easy so now I am feeling a little paranoid, like maybe then don’t want me around, (nah, that couldn’t possible be the case) . There are numerous other rides this summer to pick from and of course Sound Harley-Davidson is planning an active spring, summer and fall venue of events and activities including our second annual “Rock the Sound, Sturgis Bound” contest to name one.

So plenty of local stuff to do but the big news is the Motor Company will be putting on their biggest party yet for Harley-Davidson's 105th Anniversary and the 25th Anniversary of H.O.G. as well as the opening of the new Harley-Davidson Museum. Check Harley's web site for all the latest on these events. If you go to Milwaukee, you must truly go through the new museum. I got the opportunity last year to go through the current museum (more like a basement) where they have every model Harley ever made and/or thought of making. The history is truly amazing and the engineering fantastic. It will make you more proud than ever to be a member of this tradition. This is sure to be one heck of a party. We have a little surprise up our sleeves on this so stand-by. And if you are going, make sure you look for the Rivet Sound Harley-Davidson purchased for the Museum. It will look like this and the cool thing is it should be part of the museum for decades to come, long after I am gone.


So I guess my advice is start making your ride plans and resolve to get out there and ride more than ever this year. I came home tonight to hear that a friend of ours died last night of a brain aneurism and we had another friend have the exact same thing happen two weeks ago only she survived. It made me think that it really is important to live large as we never know when it could be our turn. That’s another reason I need to go on my Pacific Coast Hwy trip. It is something I have been wanting to do for years I just can’t afford to put it off any longer.

Let’s see, that pretty much cover’s my thoughts for the moment…….., Oh yeah, for all those people that have been asking us when we are going to get the Rocker in, our schedule shows we should have a couple arriving by the last week of this month. One is spoken for already. Watch our web site and we will let you know when they get here so you can come in and look at this exciting bike.

I want to thank everyone that shopped with us in 2007. We very much appreciate your business and friendship and we will continue to strive to exceed your expectations and make your Harley ownership one you will never forget.

Finally I want to thank all the men and women in the Military and other government agencies who have worked day and night to keep us safe and help our country remain prosperous. It is because of people like you that we can enjoy such things as Harley-Davidson Motorcycles and grand trips through this wonderful country.

My wish to all the bikers out there is to Ride Safe and Have Fun in 2008. We are committed to helping you do that!

Scott

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Free Hit Counter